Thursday, September 2, 2010

This is Not the Time to Give Up!

I woke up this morning realizing that I am greatly blessed. Yes, of course, I am blessed with material things, friends, my beloved kids, Cole and Conner (the cats) and many other things but I am referring to a specific blessing. I have been blessed with the ability of self motivation, spiritually you would call it the gift of exhortation. You know, that quality that kicks me in the behind and says, “Charlotte, you can either stay where you are or get up and do something about the situation to move forward.” Believe me, that is truly a blessing that has moved and pushed me past many a road block in my life. This morning I was especially appreciative for that ability because of realizing so many people around me don’t seem to have that ability to kick themselves in the behind to push themselves forward.

Today’s post holds my usual passion regarding moving toward the future and your dreams. The message is simply this: This is not the time to give up! So much is against us everyday that it almost take superhuman strength to remain in the struggle. Actually, it does. For today, instead of giving in, I encourage you to stay in the game and say, “I will press forward!”

I so get it. Believe me, I do. Yeah, I thrive to push and exhort others toward their potential but there are times when I just want to say forget it. Life is just too hard and it feels like there is a personal plot against me at times to make my life a living hell. It’s not fair. Most times our frustrations of our situation comes from looking at other people’s lives and comparing. Sometimes I look at other people’s lives and it seems as though life is so easy for them. I really don’t care about the little boo hoos of the rich and famous or if Paris Hilton is having a breakup with her boyfriend. Her life seems a breeze in comparison. Then reality hits me and I think, “Money or not, I have no clue what another person’s life is like….wouldn’t mind trying it out for a second, but still don’t know what it’s like.”

The point is that I only think my life is unfair or wrong when I compare my journey to another person’s life and believe that my life is supposed to be like theirs. Hate it or appreciate it, my life is what my life is and can only be directed by the choices I make. To spend time trying to adjust my life to resemble someone elses is to say my life has no worth. We often say we don’t envy other people’s lives but we compare ourselves and sell ourselves short because of it on a daily basis. We believe things like…because I’m not John Grisham selling millions of books on the best seller’s list somehow I’m not an impacting writer… because I’m not living in a big house and driving a big expensive car I’m not a successful person…because I aim to be a Godly housewife, mother (father), teacher, office worker, grandparent, business person, etc. instead of being famous or rich, I’m not accomplishing great things… because my business is not making billions like Bill Gates or helping people internationally my work isn’t as important…because of the obstacles, tragedies, past, current situations, fears, doubts, and seemingly impossibilities in my life my dreams aren’t important or obtainable like they are for other people. All those beliefs are lies! Every single one of them.

This is not the time to give up but to get mad, to get pushed and to get up. Each time you compare yourself to someone else, somebody loses. Most times, depending on our state of mind, it is us. In any case, nobody wins. I have a belief that what is for me is for me. Paris Hilton, Denzel Washington, Oprah Winfrey, nor Max Lucado could never possess anything that was meant for me so there is no reason for me to try to compete or compare myself to them. They have their unique story, journeys and purposes and I have mine. Nobody can posses another person’s story, journey or purpose, NOBODY no matter how similar it might seem.

The same is for you. I encourage you to not use your time looking at others and how you can mold your story and dream to theirs but to explore what you have been placed on this earth to pursue, dream and live out that nobody else can do. (SELF PROMOTION: My upcoming book, “UNLEASHING YOUR POWER TO: Dream Madly, Pursue Wildly, and Trust Completely” deals with this and more) Once you begin to understand that you were meant to dream, you will begin to push yourself even during those times when you want to give up.

On man, it get’s so rough. But I know you can do this. Please don’t let doubt tell you that you are not good enough to follow the dream that has been placed in you to live out. Please don’t let fear convince you that the road is too scary and that you are too big of a coward to look possible failure and mistakes in the face and get up again. Are you not more powerful than a little failure or rejection, please! Please, don’t let others fill your head with their own non-belief or lack of creativity. They will be the ones asking if it is safe to come over once you have paved the way. You can do this. Trust what you know, not what you feel. Let’s push forward together. You are not alone in your journey, I promise.

~ Article by Charlotte Hunt, www.CharlotteHunt.com

Charlotte D. Hunt is a national speaker, author, and radio personality. She is dedicated to helping people to dream madly, pursue wildly, and trust completely. For more information visit www.CharlotteHunt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment